Back to top

Applying for Admission

Join us at our Virtual Open House!

Learn more about the undergraduate Food Science major and ask any questions about the program, curriculum, research, and extra curricular opportunities. Chat with Director of Undergraduate Studies Dr. Chris Loss and Undergraduate Program Coordinator Brynn Wilkins on Wednesday, November 18th at 1pm EDT

Meeting ID: 952 6163 7592; Passcode: 912605

First year and transfer applications are processed through the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) Admissions Office.   

Prospective students who are interested in learning more about the Food Science undergraduate program are encouraged to visit us in Stocking Hall! Please contact Brynn Wilkins at or 607-255-3219 if you would like to arrange a Food Science-specific visit.  Prospective students are welcome to join us on campus to learn more about Food Science on any business day that the University is open.

Internal Transfers and Changing Majors

Students who are interested in internally transferring to CALS from another Cornell college (Engineering, Arts & Sciences, etc.) to the Food Science major may contact the Office of Internal Transfer and Concurrent Degrees ( for procedures, or Brynn Wilkins at or 607-255-3219 for Food Science-specific questions.

CALS students interested in changing their major to Food Science should contact  the Director of Undergraduate Studies, Dr. Christopher Loss, to arrange a meeting to discuss his/her current curriculum and the feasibility of changing major by the end of fall semester in their sophomore year.

Both internal transfer applicants and CALS students interested in changing majors should be aware that acceptance to the major is not guaranteed. Students accepted into the major should have two semesters of Chemistry and two semesters of Biology prior to the end of their freshman year.