In January 2001, the FDA issued juice regulations based on the principles of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP). The FDA issued these regulations to ensure safe processing and importing of juice. These regulations specify that certain critical jobs in juice processing must be performed by individuals trained in HACCP. These persons are responsible for developing and modifying the HACCP plan and reviewing records. This course contains the information necessary for you or a team to meet the HACCP training requirements. It is also designed to provide inspectors with the knowledge they need to evaluate HACCP plans and practices.
The next 1 1/2 day workshop will be offered on September 12 - 13, 2018 in 148 Stocking Hall, 411 Tower Rd, Ithaca, NY and will cover the following topics, contain break out sessions, and have a question and answer session. The course runs 8:00 am - 5:00 pm on the first day and 8:30 am - 12:00 pm the following day. The cost of the course will be $420. Registration will open in July 2018.
Juice HACCP Certification Course includes:
- Introduction to Food Safety and the HACCP System
- The Regulation
- Prerequisites to HACCP
- Commercial Processing Example
- Hazard Analysis & Preventative Measures (Principle 1)
- Identification of Critical Control Points (Principle 2)
- Establishment of Critical Limits (Principle 3)
- Critical Control Point Monitoring (Principle 4)
- Corrective Actions (Principle 5)
- Verification (Principle 6)
- Record Keeping Procedures (Principle 7)
- Sources of Info