The Cornell Dairy
Since 1880, the Cornell Dairy has been producing wholesome dairy products for the campus and Ithaca communities. Made of the highest-quality milk from Cornell’s own dairy cows, our rich and creamy premium ice creams are handcrafted in small batches by dairy professionals. Discover for yourself why generations of Cornellians have adored our sweet selection of premium ice cream, fresh milk, yogurt, butter, and cheese. Your enjoyment of Cornell Dairy products supports essential education and outreach programs in the Department of Food Science.
Small Footprint. Big Impact. Guaranteed Freshness.
The Cornell Dairy sources milk from the Cornell Veterinary College Dairy Teaching Barn, only one-half mile away from the fully licenses, Kosher certified, Dairy plant. Then, the fresh milk is delivered to campus dining and retail units within 2-7 days of being processed and bottled. Ice cream, yogurt and butter are also made fresh weekly. The Cornell Dairy uses 100% of the milk picked-up from the Teaching Barn with little to no waste.
- Click on this link to take a virtual tour of the Cornell Dairy.
- Take a virtual tour of the Teaching Barn by clicking on this link.
Cornell Dairy Shipped to You!
Ice Cream - shipping to 49 states
Gift Boxes - order any time for any occasion
Subscription Boxes - order your 2021 subscription by December 2
Stay updated by following us on Facebook!
Cornell Dairy Co-Op
Perfect for anyone who lives close to campus! Join today to purchase Cornell Dairy products at a discounted, member-only rate. Offering self-serve pick up from Stocking Hall on Tuesday's through Friday's between 9 AM and 4 PM. Your lifetime membership fee is only $15.
Cornell Dairy Fun Facts
- On April 18, 2016, the Cornell Dairy became the first, and only, university operated Dairy to be kosher certified.
- Milk is sourced from the Cornell Dairy Teaching Barn, only 1/2 milk away from the processing plant.
- The Teaching Barn houses and milks approximately 200 cows.
- The Department of Food Science manages the Cornell Dairy.
- Cornell Dining manages the Dairy Bar.
- The Teaching Barn is managed by the Cornell College of Veterinary Medicine.
In 2019, Cornell students consumed:
- 29,800 gallons of Cornell Dairy ice cream
- 79,000 gallons of Cornell Dairy milk
- 60,885 lbs of Cornell Dairy yogurt