Stocking Hall Conference Center (148) Instructions and Guidelines
• Room Capacity; 90 persons with tables and chairs; 195 persons with chairs only and 390 persons standing.
• You are responsible for your own room set up. Be sure table wheels are unlocked before moving. Please do your best to avoid dragging chairs or other items across the floor.
• From the vertical position, push table tops down (no release mechanism necessary). To release back to vertical position use turn-buckle under the table top.
• Tables may be locked together using the clips found under the tabletop- while in vertical position – use clips in grooves found on the underside of tabletop. Remember to return clips to under-table storage channel. Please see instructions for use on inside storage room door.
• The room must be returned to the standard set up at the end of your event.
o Rectangle 14 tables – 5 on each side, 2 on each end, clipped together and wheels locked with 2 black chairs at each table. Please see diagram on inside of storage room door.
• Instructions for Audio/Visual equipment are located on the AV Podium. Mics are in the podium and av closet – 4 channels, can only use one handheld or label marked -1,2,3 or 4
Food Set Up and Clean Up
• You are welcome to use the kitchen to prepare and clean up food and drink for your event. Reservation of SHCC does not guarantee exclusive use of the kitchen. See guidelines for kitchen usage below.
• Food and beverages should be set up on the countertops in the back of the room.
• Please contact Building Care (607-255-3138) to request additional garbage/recycling cans and bags. All event garbage and recycling must be taken to the dumpsters by the loading dock at the end of the event.
• Weekday events occurring after 5 pm and all weekend events must arrange for custodial coverage with Building Care Supervisor, Linda Howe, firstname.lastname@example.org, 607-255-3138
• All surfaces you use in the center (countertops and tables) must be wiped down with sanitizer after use (even if it doesn’t look dirty)
Kitchen Use Guidelines
• Outside users must supply all of their own food service needs, including cups, plates, flatware, napkins, coffee, tea, sweeteners, etc.
• Instructions for Coffee Pot use are posted by the coffee pot.
• All kitchen surfaces you use must be wiped down with sanitizer after use. This includes sinks, backsplashes, counters, prep table, coffee pots, stove and microwaves (if used). Be sure to remove all garbage from sink drains.
• Sanitizer, bucket and disposable cleaning rags are found under the counter.
• All left over food and beverage must be removed from the refrigerator.