2016 Program Dates: June 6 – August 12
A ten-week undergraduate research program giving students who are interested in food science the opportunity to:
- Conduct research under the mentorship of a Cornell, Purdue* or Texas Tech* faculty member
- Participate in a field trip to food industries
- Discuss topics such as Ethics in Food Science, Applying for Graduate School, Product Development, and Learning from Research
- Learn about food science career opportunities
- Meet with food science representatives from industry, government and academia
- Present research to faculty and peers
All participants in the Summer Scholar Program will receive payment. Payment and housing options vary by campus.
- Cornell: scholars receive a stipend of $4,000 with responsibility for finding and paying for housing; or a stipend of $2,500 with on campus housing provided
- Purdue and Texas Tech: scholars are paid on an hourly basis equivalent to approximately $4,000 for 40 hours/week over the 10-week period.