2014 Program Dates: June 2 – August 8
A ten-week undergraduate research program giving students who are interested in food science the opportunity to:
- conduct research under the mentorship of a Cornell, North Carolina State, Purdue* or Texas Tech* faculty
- participate in a field trip to food industries
- discuss topics such as Ethics in Food Science, Applying for Graduate School, Product Development, and Learning from Research
- learn about food science career opportunities
- meet with food science representatives from industry, government and academia
- present research to faculty and peers
All participants in the Summer Scholar Program will receive payment. Payment and housing options vary by campus.
- Cornell and North Carolina options: scholars receive a stipend of $4,000 with responsibility for finding and paying for housing; or a stipend of $2,500 with on campus housing provided
- Purdue and Texas Tech: scholars are paid on an hourly basis equivalent to approximately $4,000 for 40 hours/week over the 10-week period.